From the Friends of Caleb

This blog is to support Caleb Evins and his battle with Cancer

Friday, May 27, 2016

Ups and Downs

So, yesterday I went home from the hospital to be at the MHS graduation.  I left my son in what I thought was the most difficult state since he first go so sick.  His heart rate was going up, blood pressure really high and the swelling he was having was at its worst.  His body literally looked like it was about to burst-I was scared and left pretty depressed about what might happen in the next few hours.  We still had not seen our sons eyes since this ordeal began.  I prayed all the way home that God would preserve him.  I arrived home and Sarah returned a few hours later drove back to the hospital.  When Sarah arrived around 3 or so she greeted him and he opened his eyes and nodded his head that he recognized her.  When she told me this-I was amazed  and thankful for answered prayer. It was a great day of encouragement as I took a second Sunday off from preaching for the first time since I had surgery several years ago.  It was great to hear Dr. Dick Fellars challenge us on "Faith in Crisis" from Job.  His perspective was great to hear as we continue to question why Caleb is going through this.  Job gives hope for the trial!

No comments:

Post a Comment